Logon and Connecting to the system
Posted by Mohammad Rahhal, Last modified by Mohammad Rahhal on 04 December 2018 02:24 PM
Log on to the system
- When you open the VertexFX Platform, it is required from you to accept the Disclaimer message. If you don't accept the Disclaimer message, you will be connected as a read only user, if you press "Close" your connection will disconnect.
- You can log in to client terminal by:
1- Choosing the start bubble from the upper left corner and choose login .
2- You may go to the toolbar and select the Home option then go to the Administration tab and choose login .
3- Another way is by going to the Quick Access ToolBar on the top left corner and choose login .
4- You can also easily login to the client platform by pressing Ctrl + L.
5- Also double click on the in the right bottom corner will open for you the logon window.
- After that a small window appears to you, fill-in the valid user name and password given to you by your market maker.
- You can click on the check box: Save username and password, so you wouldn't have to type your username and password every time you log on.
- You may use the "Forgot Password?" option to reset your password directly, choose Forgot your password? button, enter your valid username and the email associated with that username. If data matches, it will send you a new password to that email.
- Server: This term developed to specify the server you connecting through and it will be useful when you have a Backup Server to switch your connection to it when you are facing disconnection case with the main server, it requires to select the backup server, or fill server IP and Port number as the following format (IP:Port).
- If you are connecting through Proxy, make sure the option “enable proxy server” is checked.
- The proxy button will be activated and by clicking on it you will access the proxy server window and configure your proxy.
- After filling all the blanks and pressing on the login button, the terminal will be connecting to the server .
- If your login information is correct the system will be connected but in waiting mode till all the data are loaded.
- When the waiting mode finishs, you will be officially connected to the system and you are ready to use it.
- After your are logged to the system you can check some trusted plugins in VertexFX from the following pop-up message:
- Click on "Check Plugins" and the following window will appear:
- If you perform a double click on the desired plugin, the related plugin link will in vStore area to install it.
- After you install the plugin, you will find it under the Plugin Toolbar.
Quick Access ToolBar:
Contains the following options:
- Login to connect to the system.
- Logout to disconnect from the system.
- Refresh Accounts to refresh the accounts tree.
- System Options to open the system options window.
- General Help Topics to open the VertexFX Client help link.
- VTL Client Help Topics to open the VetexFX VTL Client help link.
- VTL Server Help Topics to open the VetexFX VTL Server help link.
- Live Help to open live chat help link and chat with the technical support team.
- Release Notes to open the release note link.
- About to open the help about screen.
- Quick Access Toolbar list to customize the options visibility over the quick access toolbar list.
Back to Home Index