Posted by Mohammad Rahhal, Last modified by Diana Alkouni on 08 September 2020 07:03 AM
- This is the VertexFX Trader market watch contains many columns explained below:
||Contains the symbols name that you are able to trade with
||The current bid price for each symbol
||The current ask price for each symbol
||The current day high price for each symbol
||The current day low price for each symbol
||The time of the last update for the symbol price
||The expiry date for each symbol is set from the dealing room side, this option often appears for the future symbols which shows when will be the last time that you can trade on each symbol
||The first open price for each symbol in the current day
||The last close price for each symbol in the previos day
||Equals to the Bid Price – Close Price
||Equals to (Net Change / Close Price) * 100%
||Shows the last price was traded for each symbol. This price is provided by the feed provider application
||Shows the spread amount for each symbol which is the difference between the bid/ask price
||Shows the maximum allowed amount per deal for each symbol
||Shows the minimum allowed amount per deal for each symbol
||Shows the calculated commission for each symbol per 1 lot
||Shows the contract size for each symbol
- The market watch have many options which will appear when you press right click on any desired symbol, see the below image:
1- Manual New Position
- By this option you will be able to set a new position for the selected account manually. After you fill all the blanks press the Submit button. (can be opened by pressing Ctrl+M)
2- Trade Symbol
- Choosing this option will open for you the one click trading screen, and you will be able to set a new position for the selected account. For example, the following image belongs to the Gold Symbol:
- Many options can be done in the one click trading screen:
|Cancel All Orders
||This button will cancel all your Limit/ Stop orders on this symbol
||In this area you can set the desired amount per lots to trade on and you will see the minimum/maximum amount per deal
||How the total net amount on the selected symbol
|Sell At (New Position tab)
||To place a sell position with the current price of this symbol
|Buy At (New Position tab)
||To place a buy position with the current price of this symbol
|Your Comment ...
||To add a comment to the Orders/Positions
|One Click Limit/Stop order Placing
||In this area you can place a Limit/ Stop order by one click on the (Sell Limit, Sell Stop, Buy Stop or Buy Limit) and a Limit/ Stop order will be placed on this symbol with the price that is beside the place where you set the Limit/ Stop order
||In the bottom of the one click trading screen, you will see the tick chart of this symbol, you can show/ hide this window by clicking on the green arrows ^^^
|Close Position tab
If you have open positions on the selected symbol you will be able to select the ticket ID and close it at market price, and also you can set a take profit or stop loss order on the selected ticket ID
|Close by Hedge tab
If you have opened Buy and Sell positions you will be able to select the ticket IDs of the buy and sell to close them by hedge
And also you can close all your open Buy and Sell positions by hedge
- If you are trying to place an order and you get the following message (Trading is closed), this message means that the market is closed and you will not be able to trade on the selected symbol till the market opens. You can edit it from the trading times of this symbol setting.
- Sometime when you place a Limit/ Stop order an alerting message appears with (Invalid Price) message. This message appears when you set a Limit/ Stop order with offset close to the current market price. This indicates that you will need to increase your order offset to place your Limit/ Stop order. You can edit it from the limit/ stop offset of the client(s) Parameters.
- The following message (Unable to get a quote on this symbol due to market conditions) will appear to you if the rates of the selected symbol stopped for certain seconds, thus, you will not be able to trade on the selected symbol till it’s rates start to move again. You can edit it from the trading times of this symbol setting.
- While you are using the VertexFX system, you must be sure that your internet connection is good, because if you have any issue in the internet connection and you are trying to place any order on the symbols, you will get this message (Unable to get a quote due to bad connection, please try again).
- If the client placed an limit/ stop order, it will be in the pending orders queue till it’s price hit; when this order hit, it will be showing in red bold color in the trade panel, but if after the hit the client tried to delete this order a message as the following will appear since the order is hit.
- This message “Not Enough Money” may appear to your clients while they are trading due to the following reasons:
if you don’t want this message to appear to your clients when thee close one of the two hedge positions, just uncheck the option of validate money before closing position which is found in the Configuration tab of the System Options.
- The first way is if your client wants to open a new position on a certain symbol and his equity is less than the initial margin per lot of this symbol.
- The second way is if your client tried to close one of the two hedge positions he have while his equity is less than the initial margin per lot of this symbol and the margin requirement type option is "don’t compute the hedged positions".
- In case the opened positions is physical, this option opens the Delivery Request Catalog
4- New Entry Order
- When you choose this option a window will open for you as the following image, and you will be able to set a Limit/ Stop order with the inserted information (Symbol name, Amount, Order Type, At Which Price, enable the Trilling Stop, Stop loss or take Profit) for the selected account, and after you fill all the information, press on the Submit button for the order to be placed.
- Use this option to attach the selected symbol to the chart window.
- To hide the selected symbol from the market watch.
7-Show/ Hide Symbol
- This option opens a window contains the list of symbols as the following image. You will be able to show/ hide the desired symbol(s) through this window.
- If you press on the property button, a small window will open with the properties of the select symbol. For example, the following image is for the Gold Symbol.
8- High Light
- You can highlight the selected symbol in the market watch using this option.
9- Reset to Default
- To reset the selected symbol to the default viewing settings.
10- Reset All to Default
- To reset the all symbols to the default viewing settings.
- The report option opens a snapshot for the market watch in an HTML page.
12- Show Hide/ Low
- To show or hide the high and low columns.
13- Show Time
- To show or hide the Time column.
14- View Settings
- The View Settings option opens a window as the following image, which allow you to change the settings of viewing the market watch.
15- Advanced Market Watch
- This option will enable/disable the advanced market watch in which the market watch will appear more organized under groups like a tree.
16- Export DDE to Microsoft Excel
- This option will export the DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) for the symbols of the market watch to a Microsoft Excel sheet.
- If this option is disabled you can enable it from the General area of the System Options .
This option to maximize the market watch.
Back to Help Index